First build. Budget around 1k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspanic

Beta member
Hello all,

Long time reader here, first time poster. This is going to be my first build. Just wanted to run it by you guys for some input/suggestions. Here is the screen shot of my cart. The total comes out to be $1049. My budget is around $1000. A little more isn't that big of a deal. Less than that would be great.

Newegg.png

Thanks in advance :)
-GAS

Going wireless will slow down your internet considerably, unless you've got a high quality router and receiver.

Looks good though, though I'd get either of these case + PSU instead of an unnamed psu.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Then go with this XFX 5770 instead, same thing, just cheaper and has a double lifetime warranty.
Newegg.com - XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Depending on the price difference I'd go with the P2 X4 945 instead of 955. Since I'm guessing with that setup, you'll be overclocking, you'll get back that 200MHz easily.

Also instead of 7 Pro I'd got for Home Premium, unless you really need XP Mode. Again depending on the price difference.

Thanks for the responses.
I went with the XFX 5770 that Dirk suggested and was able to combo the PSU in the image below. Also good call with the Home Premium. Total is down to $975 before mail-in rebates.

One question about the PSU. Is 600w going to be enough down the road when I get another card and run crossfire?

Newegg2.png

Thanks again.
-GAS

One question about the PSU. Is 600w going to be enough down the road when I get another card and run crossfire?

Depends on which card, and what 600W power supply - assuming two 5770s, which each require one 6-pin PCI-E connector, the most you'll need is a power supply which has two of them. In which case yeah, the one you've chosen will support crossfired 5770s.

Maybe if you've got enough room in your budget get a bigger hdd? I don't know about you but I went through my 500gb hdd in a couple months.

Thanks a bunch guys. I went with the stuff you suggested Muffin. Also got a slightly bigger HDD. Total cost came out to $977. Order is placed just need to wait for the stuff to get here.

Thanks again.
-GAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom