AMD's ATI Catalyst 10.3a Driver Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
AMD's ATI Catalyst 10.3a Driver Performance

Our evaluation of AMD's ATI Catalyst 10.3a driver performance is now online. If you want to know what this new non-WHQL "performance" driver has to offer, hit the link above, we have all the information you need in one easy location.

Quite simply, we are going to compare the latest officially released driver, Catalyst 10.2 WHQL to the newly released ATI Catalyst 10.3a Preview driver. We will be running five games in an apples-to-apples scenario, meaning all in-game settings, resolution, AA and AF are set at the exact same settings.

Good to see ATI on their driver game, pretty good performance increase for DiRT2, haven't tried them out for myself yet though.

I've got this driver installed with my 5870.
DiRT 2 seems to have better minimum framerates (1920x1200, Ultra, 4X AA) than with 10.3 preview. And the game in general seems smoother.

Does it really matter with a 5870 , could of sworn that card pushes out fps way above the 30 mark on pretty much every game ?

Does it really matter with a 5870 , could of sworn that card pushes out fps way above the 30 mark on pretty much every game ?
If you have all settings at max, it can be the difference between it having a bit of stuttering occasionally and being completely smooth all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom