upgrading laptop RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdude

Baseband Member
Hi , Im gonna re format my HD cos win 7 is getting slow , so i was thinking why not use a 64 bit and get more ram . At crucial they sai I can upgrade to 4 gb from 3 gb but cant exceed this --

this is my make : Acer Aspire 7720 Laptop/Notebook

can you let me know if this is can be ignored safely , its a manufactures warning but may be because the laptop was sold with a 32 bit OS ---

idealy I'd like 6 - 8 gb of ram

cheers

post the link to the crucial page where you get the results.

using a 64-bit OS doesn't allow you to get more ram, it allows you to use more ram.

like, it's not going to change something to force your pc be able to use 12gigs of ram if it doesn't say it supports that much, but if your pc does support 12gigs of ram, it would allow you to use it.

now, if it says your laptop supports 4gigs max, then that's the max. it could be a hardware limitation, as in the mobo cannot supprot anymore than that.

post the link to the crucial page where you get the results.

using a 64-bit OS doesn't allow you to get more ram, it allows you to use more ram.

like, it's not going to change something to force your pc be able to use 12gigs of ram if it doesn't say it supports that much, but if your pc does support 12gigs of ram, it would allow you to use it.

now, if it says your laptop supports 4gigs max, then that's the max. it could be a hardware limitation, as in the mobo cannot supprot anymore than that.

Hush, stop lying to him.
Download More Ram - The Ram Experts!
:wink::yum::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
*Note*
The above is a joke.

Memory upgrades from Crucial.com - Determine My Memory Needs

"using a 64-bit OS doesn't allow you to get more ram, it allows you to use more ram - " yeh sorry I mean get more ram as in buy more ram and install it .

"like, it's not going to change something to force your pc be able to use 12gigs of ram if it doesn't say it supports that much, but if your pc does support 12gigs of ram, it would allow you to use it."
so your saying it will only read the ram it CAN use and use it

"now, if it says your laptop supports 4gigs max, then that's the max. it could be a hardware limitation, as in the mobo cannot supprot anymore than that."
Im no newb( just to this forum )so I know for a fact machines are designed to be upgraded along with OS's ---so its probably just saying theres a limit of ram for my current 32 bit OS - you reckon ?

Also its probably not worth bothering for 120 - 160 quid I may aswell save like a squirrel before a nut famine and buy a new machine what do you reckon muff man

:cry:

There are limitations on certain boards, not sure on that particular board/chipset, but lappies are notorious for having these low RAM maximums
As he said certain boards has their limitations and your board has a limitation of 4GB. Can't see nor use anything more than that, as a matter of fact...it wouldn't even boot.
Also you can use the
multiquote_off.png
button to multi-quote and just select the
quote.png
button to begin your reply :p.

You laptop specs: Acer Aspire 7720 Specs, Laptop Reviews on CNET UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom