Aim

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Well, I don't know if this is an AIM problem or a problem with my ISP. I have been having AIM constantly disconnect and reconnect the past several days. Today, i could barely chat on AIM, and now, it won't even let me connect. Everytime I try it says that I am trying to reconnect too soon. I try to use AIM express off their site, and it says the messenger service is unavailable. Now my ISP has been really sucking the past severl weeks. I have only been able to get downloads 25KB/sec max when I used to get 100+ KB/sec. But thats another story. I did a speed test and am getting around 90 kilobits. That should be enough for AIM, shouldn't it?

Its enough for aim, but you have some program hogging your bandwidth, which is probably some sort of trojan. Try contacting your ISP and see whats up with them.

VICone said:
Its enough for aim, but you have some program hogging your bandwidth, which is probably some sort of trojan. Try contacting your ISP and see whats up with them.

My ISP is like one of the suckiest ones in existence. I call them up and they do not help. Last night, i was getting around 20 kbps (2 KB/sec downloads) and they didn't care. If this wasn't the only ISP available at my house, I would be off them in a heartbeat, but I have to suffer because my parents are farmers. :( I don't see any program hogging my bandwidth. I do a virus scan and it comes up with nothing. I've tried changing to different versions of AIM and I get no improvement. By the way, my Internet is fixed wireless....the transmitting tower is 6 miles south of my house and the past several days there has been a gusty north wind. This couldn't have anything to do with it, could it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom