OCZ DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
Do-it-Yourself Notebooks OCZ Technology

I just heard about this, and that sounded interesting, so I looked on the OCZ site, and wow, they sell barebones. You must buy the CPU, RAM, HDD, and Wireless card separately.

I'd go against the gaming compatibility, but at least they don't have integrated Intel graphic cards.

Haha ya i haven't looked at that site a whole lot. A friend pointed it out to me. Apparently their paint is really high class.

Do-it-Yourself Notebooks OCZ Technology

I just heard about this, and that sounded interesting, so I looked on the OCZ site, and wow, they sell barebones. You must buy the CPU, RAM, HDD, and Wireless card separately.

I'd go against the gaming compatibility, but at least they don't have integrated Intel graphic cards.

Big deal?
MSI has been doing that for years.
OCZ didn't start anything new or original.

So in a sense, it is possible to build a laptop. It's just not worth the money, unless you travel every day of your life :p

@Shiro: I was never aware of that, a friend just told me about it. I'm not a laptop builder. Configure, yes.

Yea it's been out in the open for awhile that laptops are slowly becoming "build-able" however..it's almost always more expensive to "build" one then to configure one/buy one from a vendor like dell/acer/msi/etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom