Speaker popping & Keyboard issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
Alright, so recently I upgraded to a Corsair 650 PSU. Which for my system is great, since it's 5 years old (specs in signature).

OK, so recently I started hearing "popping" Logitech Audiohub speakers (USB). Thinking since they are probably 3-4 years old, they were dying? But then my keyboard flickers, and when I reboot I get "unknown device" and all my G110's lights shut off.

Not sure why this issue just appeared one day? I did nothing different, in fact, I was in Visual Studio programming when happened.

NOW my Keyboard shows up as Unknown Device. If I reboot a few times, it'll get detected and be fine.. it'll light up and act normal. I play music, it'll flicker and what not.

The most ANNOYING issue is not that my keyboard doesn't light up, but the fact that I keep getting "sticky" key when I type. I really need to get this fixed but I'm at a lost.

Drivers? There are no audiohub drivers, Windows installs them itself. Keyboard? I have the software installed.

Could it be my new PSU failing already? My FSP group 500 watt did perfectly fine.. I just wanted to do SLI and have more sata power ports :(

OK, so I shut down, switched all my USB ports around. Speakers still pop (btw they shut off after 1-2 minutes and music continues to play).

I'm thinking:
1. Power issue with power supply
2. Speakers are bad causing the entire issue
3. Computers suck makes me want to spend money on the Jeep instead
4. Chipset drivers magically corrupted itself. Anyhow, any ideas?

Update: I did manage to get the keyboard detected again, but popping and flickering on the keyboard is still present.

ALSO, I noticed the speakers are shutting off randomly as well. This causes the sound to go off. I'm really stomped on this now. I am leaning towards lack of power from the psu.

Could be PSU spiking.

Did you try this with the usb speaker out?

Did you get the latest drivers for your keyboard?

Edit: there is an Edit button for a reason.

Could be PSU spiking.

Did you try this with the usb speaker out?

Did you get the latest drivers for your keyboard?

Edit: there is an Edit button for a reason.

So this "highly" rated PSU is actually a POS? Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Yes, they are turned off right now. The USB speakers DO use its own power supply.

I'm using the latest drivers for everything.

The edit button didn't show up the first time.

Okay, here's a negative update. I put them on my other computer (windows vista, a quad core) and my speakers sounded crystal clear, no popping, no flickering.

How can I check how much my PSU is putting out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom