Origin PC Overclocks 6-Core i7-980X to 4.3GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
Origin PC Overclocks 6-Core i7-980X to 4.3GHz

"If having the fastest 'stock' desktop processors in the newly released Intel Core i7-980X 'Gulftown' isn't good enough for you, then perhaps gaming PC maker Origin PC has the answer for you.

While an additional $895 will buy for your Origin Genesis PC a regular 3.33 GHz Core i7-980X, forking over a full $1,044 will unleash the full beast overclocked to 4.3 GHz. If you've ever wanted to boast that your six-cores runs a gigahertz faster than those "other guys" at stock speeds, this could be what you're looking for."

origin-pc-corei7-overclock.jpg

Now you can boast with your OC speeds, without having to worry if it's gonna die out on you or kill you boards :p.

Cpu's are always manually overclocked. Usually with bios but sometimes (not recommended) by software.
When the bios is reset, cpu moved or if oced by software and windows is reinstalled the oc will be gone.

They have just done the work in bios for you.

Graphic cards can be oc by the manufacturer via firmware. These will keep their speeds.

Cpu's are always manually overclocked. Usually with bios but sometimes (not recommended) by software.
When the bios is reset, cpu moved or if oced by software and windows is reinstalled the oc will be gone.

They have just done the work in bios for you.

Graphic cards can be oc by the manufacturer via firmware. These will keep their speeds.
Ah okie :)...and buying a GPU OC'ed is good though or it has it's disadvantages?

Depends upon the extra cost. I would generally prefer to throw my own after market heatsink and OC it myself. Sometimes they will have a better than stock heatsink and be close to the reference card's cost. in that case they can be nice deals.

Don't buy overclocked stuff, such a waste of money. All they do increase the mutli or move a slider for gpus. Stuff you can do in 2 mins as well, not like there's a lot of risk. Long as you don't increase voltages by a lot you can't really do much un-fixable damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom