no name ARM netbook bios password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbase89

Beta member
I picked up a Visual Land netbook today for $120. It is running Windows CE, but I want to get Debian on it. I need to get into setup to boot from my flash drive, but there is a password on the bios. I have tried password, before anyone suggests it. Any idea how to fix this problem?

Can't you reset the bios? I'm not sure how you would do that on a notebook.. Can't you just press a button to go to the boot screen?

Can't you reset the bios? I'm not sure how you would do that on a notebook.. Can't you just press a button to go to the boot screen?

You would have to either: desolder the CMOS battery that's on the motherboard, or would have to disconnect the connector that connects that battery holder to the board, depending on the notebook (have seen Toshiba's use the solder technique, and some HP's use the connector technique...just depends).

I opened it, and there is no battery to be found. I believe it is integrated into one of the chips.

You are right this is a ARM based machine it has no CMOS battery as far as I am aware ARM processors are designed to run in embedded devices like Routers and phones, what would be worth finding out if their is some form of engineers mode on boot like their is with some of the PDA's and Smart phones normaly its a finder bending key combination.

I also have the same problem... when i press F1 on my mini netbook with no name.. it asks me for a password.. Has anyone figured this out yet... please help.. i need to remove the Windows CE and put PCLos or something better...

:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom