Case: LIAN LI PC 75B
PSU: ANTEC 650 WATT
MB: GIGA-BYTE GA-8aenxp 925xe chipset
CPU: P4 3.8 ghz
Video Card: ATI 700 Pro
Sound Card: SB Audigy ZS
4 Sata 1 hard drives
Plextor Sata DVD RW
I want to use both XP and win 7 (I'll be hot swapping OS drives)

I'd like to upgrade my soundcard and my video card to do a better job in win 7. I'd like the newest stuff possible without needing new Powersupply. Do you think this rig could handle win 7 64 bit?

Thanks

i don't think you'd need to upgrade the soundcard. The case and PSU look good as well.

You'll need a new motherboard + cpu + memory + gpu and possibly HD(s).

How much are you gonna put into this?

i don't think you'd need to upgrade the soundcard. The case and PSU look good as well.

You'll need a new motherboard + cpu + memory + gpu and possibly HD(s).

How much are you gonna put into this?

It still works pretty good my plan was adding blu ray burner new soundcard and newer video card that had more memory.

So after your advice probably just newer video card and blu ray burner. I don't want to replace more at this time.

I can't believe their isn't a newer video card from ati 700 pro that would be a solid upgrade to handle XP and 7 better.

If you're happy with the performance then that's fine.

I see that your motherboard has a pci-express slot, so that's a good thing.

Why are you upgrading the video card? Do you game? If its just for win 7 i don't think you need to upgrade it. (its a dx9 card, right?). How much RAM do you have?

If you're happy with the performance then that's fine.

I see that your motherboard has a pci-express slot, so that's a good thing.

Why are you upgrading the video card? Do you game? If its just for win 7 i don't think you need to upgrade it. (its a dx9 card, right?). How much RAM do you have?

ATI 700 has 256 memory I'd like more for games. I just wondered what I could upgrade too.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1786187 said:
If you don't want to spend that much you can get a 4650, 4670, 5570, 5750, 4770, 4850
Any of those would probably be a major upgrade for you graphics wise.

Thanks for the info

One more thing

Do you think I could find a newer MB that uses Sata II that would use my P4 3.8 cpu as well?

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1786336 said:
Only if it's a Socket 775 P4
Run CPU-Z tell us if it's Prescott, Northwood, or Williamette

In win 7 ult 32 bit where's the run command?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom