Would this MOBO bottleneck my CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhySoSerious?

Beta member
I've just bought a Phenom II X4 940 and haven't yet purchased a Motherboard. I have been reading through a number of Forums and have discovered that some motherboards can bottleneck a CPU even when they support said CPU. Below I have listed two MOBOs that I am considering. Please could you provide me with some information regarding whether or not these MOBOs will bottleneck my CPU.

ASUS M4N78-AM GeForce 8200 Socket AM2+
ASUS M4N78-AM GeForce 8200 Socket AM2+ onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard - Ebuyer

ASUS-M4N78-AM
ASUS M4N78-AM - Motherboard - micro ATX - GeForce 8200: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 Motherboard Phenom FX Socket AM2+: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Do you think these MOBOs would be suitable for the CPU, and if so, which one would you recommend?

Also, if you have any other recommendations, please tell me them.

Thanks!

Have you looked into MSI or BIO star mobo's I think you could find one at a better value for under atleast 70 bucks.
Always look for a mobo that will say AM3 ready or supports AM3, as you may want upgrade your phenom 2 in the distant future.
Newegg.com - MSI 785GTM-E45 AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
The reason why I choose this one for you just in case your video might malfunction or become damaged you will still have a ATI HD graphics card on the mobo to help you do whatever you need to get done.
Also this mobo will definently not bottle neck that Phenom II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom