NO bluetooth on Vaio

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurph

In Runtime
I have an older Sony Vaio VGN-TX1XP, and it has wording & light for bluetooth & wireless on front with a switch.
But, bluetooth is not shown in control panel, and I cannot detect with a phone.
Firstly, does it have the hardware inside?
If so, how do I add bluetooth stack/software?
Have tried Widcomm, adds the icons but no success.

FYI - I am trying to connect a Kensington notebook mouse Si670m (model # 72271). Note - b4 u suggest, i don't want to have the inconvenience of a dongle, when in theory the pc shoulb have bluetooth.

How/where do i upgrade chipset drivers?
How do i teel wheteher it is B or BF, as it doesn't say more on it?

Check under the laptop and see if there's a sticker with the model number of the laptop. For example, this laptop I'm on now is in the Satellite A215 series, when I look under it states it's a Satellite A2150-S7444.

Guess it's a standstill as I don't know exactly which model variation it's under. You can try downloading drivers for both and see if it works? Like test 1 set, then test the other? They should both work though, given they are the same series, just maybe minor variation in parts.

Edit: Also if you can locate the serial number, you may have the best option of finding the drivers as the site can look up the serial and determine the model.

Entered product code & s/no. on vaio website, and it's the /L variant.
There is even advice how to add bluetooth devices there, but thats no help when there are no icons showing anywhere in laptop!!!!

Downloaded latest Vaio updates, but BT software is Toshiba brand, and different to that on both my home & work PC, and doesn't work with mouse.....pls advise.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom