New i7 build problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
Hey guys its been a while since I've been active on the site, however im not too out of the loop.

Anyways to my problem, I just built a new computer and i am having one minor, slightly inconvenient problem. I'm running an i7-920 on a gigabyte x58a-ud3r and am having a problem shutting down the computer. I have already had two different Win 7-64 installations (one Ultimate and one professional) on the computer and it hasn't seemed to fix the problem. When i go to shutdown it will shutdown windows and show the normal windows however when the screen would go black and normally shut off, the computer doesn't turn off. The computer looks like it shuts down normal and everything, however when it finally stops displaying windows screens it goes black like it should however it sits in sort of a suspended mode for anywhere between 5-30 minutes until it finally decides to turn off if it even does.

I know there are a few problems with the board as i have seen many other people complain about like sometimes during post it will not show the processor nor the ram or any timings and sometimes it shows the BIOS version and sometimes not. I have update the board to the newest released BIOS (F4) and have updated all drivers on the machine.

Any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TL

It sounds like Gigabyte has a problem with the Power Management options in the Bios. Try a different S-state setting. And you should report the problem to Gigabyte.

I reported the problem, and then yesterday i guess i did something because it seems to be fine now.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom