Question on faulty products and returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
Has anyone purchased from Newegg lately? I purchased two items recently and both were bad. I did not read reviews well enough before (duh) and found out many had the same problems. I rma'd one and said I was going to purchase a different much more expensive product and did. Then I did the same for the other. The bummer thing is they sent me crap and I had to get something different and they did not refund shipping for either item. So, for bad crap it cost me $16 and I got NOTHING. Is there a place out there that is quality anymore and will stand behind the stuff they sell?

Read Newegg's T.O.S. It's plainly there.
There is no reason to whine.
They don't promise you anything when it comes to shipping for returns.
You foot the bill. If the product you received was broken or something, Newegg is usually good about replacements.
Perhaps you should speak directly with a Newegg representative and explain your situation.

If you're dissatisfied because you had to pay shipping on parts that you returned to a warehouse god knows how far from your house, then you're very hard to please indeed.

Or just deal with someone that is willing to stand behind what they sell, if there is anyone like that anymore.
WHY should I have to incur an expense when it is their fault! I paid $16 and got nothing out of it.
So when you order stuff, and it is bad you don't mind paying for something and getting nothing.

Or just deal with someone that is willing to stand behind what they sell, if there is anyone like that anymore.
WHY should I have to incur an expense when it is their fault! I paid $16 and got nothing out of it.
So when you order stuff, and it is bad you don't mind paying for something and getting nothing.

Could you at least give us a story?
Elaborate on why you're dispousing online retailers?
What was broken?
What did you order?
What was bad?
What system were you putting it in?
Maybe you have a case of the PEBKAC virus for all I know.

I know how you feel, I had to return something to Newegg before too, and it sucks.

but they are a business, they don't make a cent from shipping costs. how can you expect them to refund something they don't profit from?

it's just the way it is, not just Newegg. nearly every company is like this.

Yha but if its a dead product, why should the purchaser haqve to foot the bill to send it back?

NE as the reresentive should take responsibility for the product and take the hit. I'm sure the company has ways of compensating NE for rmas.

Yha but if its a dead product, why should the purchaser haqve to foot the bill to send it back?

NE as the reresentive should take responsibility for the product and take the hit. I'm sure the company has ways of compensating NE for rmas.

Which is exactly why I suggested he contact a Newegg representative directly.

They are EXTREMELY good to the customers.
My neighbor had like $80-100 worth of manufacturer rebates from a $1500 build he put together last year, but OUR cleaning lady threw the boxes away.
My friend contacted a Newegg representative on the live chat thing.
(The guy's name was Jesus, no I'm not making this up.)
My friend told the rep what happened, and Newegg actually credited my friend half the value of his rebates directly to his checking account.
(My friend received $50 from Newegg as consolation for OUR cleaning lady throwing his boxes away so he couldn't claim his rebates.)

That was one of the coolest things I have ever seen a corporate company do.

I was on another one of my forums and a newegg customer service person was there also. He said to contact them on this issue. I did and all was resolved. I have been doing business with newegg for 6 years now and have spent around 30 grand with them. I have rma'd in all that time 6 or 7 items total. I think they figured that I was a good customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom