**The LINPACK Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: **The Official TF LINPACK Thread**

^ It's fine for basic OCing, but once you try to push past 3.8, it's a FINE balancing act.. This thing NEVER loads windows the same every time, it's got buggy RAID support, buggy OCing, touchy NB, resets your RAM to AUTO after it BSODs, doesn't like to reset the HT after a bad clock, so you have to reset it MANUALLY, which doesn't happen much anymore.. Can key everything in fine for a 3.8 run, it'll be stable the WHOLE way thru linepack (almost IBT stable) and go back to the bios to try for a 3.9 run and it BSODs right after the post/ACHI check.. Arrrgh!! :very_angry:

I love the board, but once you get a little more demanding, it falls short. I want the GD70 board, but I hate AMI bios.. :silent:

And Phil: don't start with that again.

lol, jk man :p

I assume you have flashed it to the latest bios? Overclocking on my gigabyte is no cakewalk either, but once you figure it out this thing is rock solid stable.

^ yeah.. I'm running F6 bios.. It actually CRASHED during one of the BIOS flases.. on a STOCK clock, too! I think I MAY have 3.8g somewhat stable.. as shocking as it sounds, but when you restart it for whatever reason, it's NOT as stable... Really odd board.. it's like it has a personality.. The NB heatsink was SLIGHTLY warm today.

^ I've thought about PC also.. :D But I'd rather upgrade to a stronger DDR3 platform before I did that.

-=EDIT=- Tues @ 1625.

I tried a different approach.. Higher FSB, lower Mult and NB and HT @ 2.6g.. it got WORSE.. This is really strange. I'm doing multiple runs at different clocks with different settings.. Doing a 3.3g run now with almost NOTHING touched in the bios.. just locked the RAM @ 1066, mult increase and a slight voltage tweak. -> 32.5487 on that run.. Strange..
badlnxssx.jpg

-=EDIT2=-

THE REASON I LOST 7 FLOPS was because that first 41 flop run was a smaller prob size.. :silent: I guess all this rig is good for a 37 flop runs at most. :sleep:

59.1970 GFlops | Burn | i7 920 @ 4.294 GHz

linpack.png

vcore is probably higher than it needs to be... i was lazy and just put it to something i knew wouldnt crash, lol

For that I didn't check, but on my 24/7 OC (4ghz now, lowered from 4.1 to save power) the average of all cores is about 53C

Re: **The Official LINPACK Thread**

Nice score :D

I'll see what I can do in the next few days :D

My new score :D

59.2866 GFlops | Slaymate | i7 920 @ 4.295 GHz

linx592866.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom