help!! Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Grahpic Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

gosilan

Beta member
Hi guys, i'm totally lost with all these comp specs and I was trying to learn them.
I need help with my graphic card, but first let me tell you about my computer.

I've a monitor that has a 1680 x 1050 resolution.
Q6700 Intel Core 2 Quad
Nvidia GeForce 9500GS
2GB DDR2 memory (ram i guess)

Okay whenever i play BFBC2 online (multiplayer) , I'm unable to set high quality as it lags very badly and also I'm unable to play it with a 1680 x 1050 resolution cause it lags too. Only able to play with a 1054 x Something resolution.

What is the problem with my comp that prevents me from playing with atleast my prefered resolution of 1680 x 1050 ? From reading alot of post here and elsewhere, I feel its about my graphic card. If it is, can someone pls explain to me the problem and what I should get instead?

and also , what is the difference between Intel Core Quad and Intel Core Dou?
my Intel Core Quad properties shows a 2.66ghz and 2.67ghz. what does that mean?

pls do ans all of my questions,

really waiting for an answer :)

love ya'll,
cheers!! :D

Your video card is the bottleneck in this case.

A Core 2 Quad is a quad core chip, meaning it has four processing cores. A Core 2 Duo (And Core Duo) is a dual core chip, meaning it has two processing cores. The Core 2 Duo are faster than the Core Duo chips.

The 2.66 / 2.67 GHz is the chips frequency (cycles per second) Usually the more the better, but that is not always the case. In fact, the more cores the better, nowadays :tongue: Some other specifics that play a large role: FSB (Frontside Bus Speed, the speed at which the processor communicates with the rest of the computer), Cache (The higher the MB of cache, the more commands the processor is able to store and readily access), and your memory clock speeds and it's CL latency. I don't know much about the latency, the the clock speeds acts in just the same way the processor does: it determines how fast the RAM is able to interact with the rest of the computer and is locked down to a certain ratio with the FSB.

Your video card just isn't fast enough / doesn't have enough processing cores/power to handle the game at the higher settings.

If you are willing to upgrade, please, post your spending limit and we'll see what we can do.

Here are some benchmarks for BC2:
High_01.png

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 GPU Performance In-depth > 1680x1050 – High/Medium/Low - TechSpot

Chances are you'll have to upgrade your PSU as well, if you do upgrade.

Happy gaming ;)

what is a PSU?

ic ic, thanks for explaining about the Intel Core Quad n Dou :)

Anyway about my budget, I live in Singapore, so in SGD$230/-. would be my budget.

Hmmm thats quite alot of graphic cards, so which should I get that would fit my processor speed and also enable me to play BFBC2 and other games of such high details.

:)

A PSU is a power supply unit, the large box looking thing usually on the top of the inside of the computer.

I wouldn't know where you can order stuff from in Singapore, sorry. There are other members here on the forums who can help you with that.

according to current exchange rate, 230 SGD is around 160 USD... You could get something along these lines, assuming there's minimal pricing differences:

Newegg.com - XFX HD-485X-ZDFC Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Rosewill Stallion Series RD450-2-DB 450W ATX V2.2 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Total is ~$20 USD over your budget without shipping / taxes, but that just shows you the general area you're in.

hmm but in the list you gave me earlier, the 2 graphic cards u mentioned falls under the 1680 x 1050 low settings for BFBC2 . will this graphic card become outdated in a few months time when more games were to come ? or can it last me atleast for another 2 years playing games on PC without the need of changing the graphic card?

The one I linked is a lower-mid range card. I'd say it'd be fine for another three to five months. The higher end cards (HD 5870, 5890, GTX 285, 295) would make you set for another year or two.

I feel so depressed! i've no idea what is my power supply.

I bought the HD 5750 1GB VAPOR-X. But i can't plug it in. Its too big and it collides with another slot so I fixed back my original one! I bought it for 219 SGD. Is there a way to plug it in? Or is it completely wasted?

and btw, is that 5750 i bought an ok one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom