Overclocking i7 - Need a bit of help

Status
Not open for further replies.
your running way to hot. remove the heatsink and re-apply some thermal paste. When you re-attach the heatsink you want to fasten (2) clips at a time in a X pattern.

...X

attach clips 1 & 4 and then 3 & 2. Go into the bios and make sure the fan is set at Manual - 100%

OK I cleaned the CPU/fan and re-applied some thermal paste. I just got done and have been running this comp for about 20 minutes.

I can see where I messed up on the installation last time... the Intel instructions are pretty bad; in one pic the push pins are turned 90 degrees from the other pic, yet there is no arrow showing you should twist them. Last time I assumed they should be twisted after being pushed in, but this time I simply pushed them in. Are these temps more normal?

cputempsnew.jpg

Also whats the best water block for CPUs these days? Im thinking either EK Supreme (my old one doesnt fit this socket) or D-Tek Fusion. I hope EK make an adapter for 1366.

Yes, your temps look better.

I'm not the one to ask about water-cooling. As far as I'm concerned it costs more than any benefits it provides. A good, well thought out air-cooling system can perform just as well for most people at less than 1/2 the cost.

Maybe Burn will show up to advise you on a H2O block :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom