Gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigZi

Solid State Member
Alright I'm not going to sugar coat it so here it goes. Currently I have a Asus g72gx (linky shown below) Asus - Laptop with Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor - Black - G72GX-RBBX05 Now here's my problem. Three days (yes three) after i bought this product the newer model came out(linky shown bellow)
Asus - Laptop with Intel® Core™ i5 Processor - Blue/Black - G60JX-RBBX05 So my question is it worth it to go exchange them. For one thing the one I have right now has a 260 Nvidia in it while the new one has a 360 which was built for mobile devices and can be said as a little bit better than the 260. The bad part is that its one inch less than the one I have now so the new model is 16 while the g72 is 17. As well as a new processor the new model totally outclasses this one. As well as my other question should I wait a few weeks after i return my laptop and see if best buy has anymore "surprises" under its sleeves? Any info is much appreciated. Like whether I would really notice the diff. of one inch. Or whether I would notice the difference in the processor. Main use of this laptop is gaming :big_smile: hint hint as it says in the title!

I'm not sure but judging from the GFX cards on both, don't think you would see major difference, if any particular difference at all. Only better stuff mainly in the both is the processor, but the Core 2 Duo is a great processor also and it won't quite go behind the other. Also the 1 with the Core 2 Duo has 6GB RAM, which kinda makes up for CPU speed difference I think, if it matters much.

The 360 is basically a rebranded 260...
That's very underhanded of an OEM to put the 360 in a laptop, but make the monitor smaller from a previous model.
That will give off the appearance of a performance increase...
Smaller screen=lower resolution=higher FPS
260 = 360
And yes, while it is true the 360 was revamped slightly for mobile use... It shouldn't see any real edge over the 260 aside from increased battery life.

But the 4gb of mem is ddr3 while the one i have is ddr2
So you guys think i should stick with this one?

Well sorry actually, didn't look closely. Since they're the same price, personally I'd switch them. The thought of carrying around a 9lb beastly laptop kinda defeats the whole point of a laptop for me. Though its up to you, they'll both perform the same game wise and with most programs. Yours has a nicer screen though.

If the new one costs more, don't bother, but if you can get it for the same price I'd do it.

Yeah I think i going to return the laptop then wait a couple of weeks to see if a new one will come out. The 17 inch version.

Oh well in that case just keep the one you have. Newer one will probably be $200 more, and that wouldn't be worth it IMO, unless it a 1900x1080 screen.

Alright i got a question for you. Out of the price range from 0-1100$ on Best buy any computer what would be the best including macs. tks for the advice and yes i'm pretty sure the newer model would have a 17 or larger screen. Besides the processor on this computer is really bugging me xD. I was never a fan of duel core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom