Danger Den DD-CPX1 Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

vortex2450

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

For my senior project I am constructing a water cooled computer.
I have made a choice on everything except for the pump.

My budget is $300 total and I'm at $214 without the pump. I can afford highly popular MD355 but I wouldn't mind saving a few if this will meet my needs.

Here's the pump @ FrozenCPU
Danger Den DD-CPX1 12V 3-Pin Powered Pump - (DD-CPX1) - FrozenCPU.com

I will update with my planned setup for anyone that wants to critique as soon as I restart my comp.

Thanks

I am planning on running a basic system with a Swiftech GTZ, GTS360 Rad, and a XSPC Bay res.

This will be cooling a E8400 which I'm hoping to push for 4.7 GHz on my EP45 -UD3P but it'd be preferable to have enough headroom to be able to add water blocks for my HD5770's when I decide to jump aboard the xFire train.

The Danger Den pump you listed looks like it is the next step up for the one I was inquiring about; that seems like it would work fine.
If the CPX1 is "just alright" then I'd rather spend a few extra and do it right.

The GTS series rads are some of the most restrictive - any reason you chose that one?

I'd go with a swiftech MCR320... cheaper, less restrictive, and pretty much the same performance.

If you are going to add more blocks down the road I'd go with the DDC3.2 (MCP355) with a nice top right off the bat, you won't regret it.

Yeah but buy it here its cheaper
Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power 3X120mm - Black

Or you could get a 4x120mm rad for close to the same price as frozen CPU is selling the 3x120mm
Swiftech MCR420-QP Quiet Power 4X120mm - Black

If you have any block/rad/general questions this is a good place to look for reviews and such
Skinnee Labs | Home
thumbsup.gif

Another question

I was cruising SideWinder (thanks for bringing the site to my attention Burn, I had been there before but forgotten) and on my quest for the XSPC reservoir I had picked out comes to show that SideWinder doesn't carry that exact one, all their bay reservoir are pump/res combos.

This one caught my attention:

X2O 750 Dual 5.25in. Bay Reservoir Pump

I'm iffy as can be guessed but a review showed it to perform about 5-10% less than the MP655 @ medium speed.

Any comments towards that? :umm:
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom