Wrong card or misinterpretation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try suggestions above and see if they help. Below are the same steps, just in simpler terms if you're not sure above :p.

1. Can you double check the card, check the connections behind and see where the monitor is hooked up to (your board or card).

2. Also can you take out the card and resit it back? Make sure all connections are in place (like the power connector for your GFX card).

I'll try these...I'm off to bed for now, have to get up in the morning. I wasn't expecting so much help so fast, I posted thinking I'd check in the morning...thanks though, I'll post back with what I can find out.

just had a sort of epiphany...that could be totally wrong...but what if i disable my onboard video card in BIOS? My MOBO is: (Newegg.com - Suggested Products you say that is an AMD BIOS? I'm looking through it and have no idea how to disable this.

edit: Just looked up my motherboard (Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TA790GXB3 AM3 AMD 790GX ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards), so yes it does appear to be what it is referencing to.
Checking the link above, I got to the manufacture's website and was reading through the documentation for the board, but didn't seem to find the option to disable it or may have missed it. To me it looks like the board suppose to automatically detect it.
Try suggestions above and see if they help. Below are the same steps, just in simpler terms if you're not sure above :p.

1. Can you double check the card, check the connections behind and see where the monitor is hooked up to (your board or card).

2. Also can you take out the card and resit it back? Make sure all connections are in place (like the power connector for your GFX card).

Have you tried the steps above and what other users posted? If yes and it doesn't work, you may have to update your BIOS.

What you can also do to eliminate the possible problem that it may be the card, you can try it out on another system if you can. May be a friend's PC or a spare PC (if) you got. See if detects, if not then it could be your card.

Checking the link above, I got to the manufacture's website and was reading through the documentation for the board, but didn't seem to find the option to disable it or may have missed it. To me it looks like the board suppose to automatically detect it.

Have you tried the steps above and what other users posted? If yes and it doesn't work, you may have to update your BIOS.

What you can also do to eliminate the possible problem that it may be the card, you can try it out on another system if you can. May be a friend's PC or a spare PC (if) you got. See if detects, if not then it could be your card.

Well I tried both of those, and it seems to have no result. I've looked around on the internet and found one signifcant similar post that seems to have something to do with BIOS updates. Here it is: (AMD Game Forums - Problem with new 5770 Card).

Also, I turned off the on-board video in BIOS and that just gave me "no input signal" for my monitor...so I guess it is relying on the on-board.

With the motherboard posted above (the biostar one), can anyone provide a link to a BIOS update? I can't find any.

Thanks for all your help.

Also, I turned off the on-board video in BIOS and that just gave me "no input signal" for my monitor...so I guess it is relying on the on-board.

That means you don't have the monitor plugged into the 5770. Leave the video turned off in the bios and move the monitor cable to the 5770.

That means you don't have the monitor plugged into the 5770. Leave the video turned off in the bios and move the monitor cable to the 5770.

Ok just going to list what its plugged into what: The monitor is currently plugged into the HDMI slot on the back of the PC. That area goes into the motherboard. To plug it into a slot that comes from the graphics cards I have to use an HDMI----> DVI adapter. When I do that right now, nothing happens, just a blank screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom