Wrong card or misinterpretation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdev42

Solid State Member
Hi all, I recently put together my pc. I was looking through device manager and clicked on the graphics card. I ordered an ATI 5770 (Newegg.com - XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards). When I looked at this though, it showed I had this:

ATI Radeon HD 3300 Graphics

Is this just the software or something that came with my 5770 and just has a different name...or did I really get sent the wrong card?

Yes, the box, manual, all that says 5770 and I just re-opened my box and it also says 5770.

I guess I should have been more specific on the device manager...

ATI Radeon HD 3300 Graphics is under a tab called "Display Adapters". There is no place in the device managers that I see anything else with graphics or 5770 in it. I just put in the driver CD that was sent with the 5770 package and it says, "We were unable to detect an XFX product at this time", then recommends I cancel/restart and all that (Which I have already). It then opens a program that says I can install XFX drivers, but any link I click it says "Please check xfxforce.com for the optimized driver (haven't looked there yet).

Also, a lot of the reviews I read said this card would play Bad Company 2 on high graphics with good fps...but when I started the single player campaign I was getting bad FPS on medium...that is what initially made me go check.

Thanks for your help.

edit: Just looked up my motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138163), so yes it does appear to be what it is referencing to.

Weird, seems to be reading your onboard vid. The card is installed correctly and your getting the vid feed from the card and not your board?

I'm not sure, I thought it was in correctly, but this is my first time building my own pc. Any advice?

Yes, the box, manual, all that says 5770 and I just re-opened my box and it also says 5770.

I guess I should have been more specific on the device manager...

ATI Radeon HD 3300 Graphics is under a tab called "Display Adapters". There is no place in the device managers that I see anything else with graphics or 5770 in it. I just put in the driver CD that was sent with the 5770 package and it says, "We were unable to detect an XFX product at this time", then recommends I cancel/restart and all that (Which I have already). It then opens a program that says I can install XFX drivers, but any link I click it says "Please check xfxforce.com for the optimized driver (haven't looked there yet).

Also, a lot of the reviews I read said this card would play Bad Company 2 on high graphics with good fps...but when I started the single player campaign I was getting bad FPS on medium...that is what initially made me go check.

Thanks for your help.

edit: Just looked up my motherboard (Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TA790GXB3 AM3 AMD 790GX ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards), so yes it does appear to be what it is referencing to.

Sounds like maybe the card is dead?
Check to make sure it's seated well and the 6 pin power connector is plugged in.
Other than that, try to install the ATI Catalyst Control drivers for the 5XXX series again.

Do you have an onboard card?

are you running your monitor off the xfx card?

I didn't install one so I don't think so, and I am not sure if the monitor is running off the card...how do I check that?

I apologize for my ineptness in this...I'm not very experienced with computers.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1784808 said:
Sounds like maybe the card is dead?
Check to make sure it's seated well and the 6 pin power connector is plugged in.
Other than that, try to install the ATI Catalyst Control drivers for the 5XXX series again.

Plug your monitor directly in to the video card, not your on board video ;)

Try suggestions above and see if they help. Below are the same steps, just in simpler terms if you're not sure above :p.

1. Can you double check the card, check the connections behind and see where the monitor is hooked up to (your board or card).

2. Also can you take out the card and resit it back? Make sure all connections are in place (like the power connector for your GFX card).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom