Mobo question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
As you are aware I am in the process of upgrading my mobo and CPU. I had planned on buying one mobo but i have just been looking around and I have found one which is £20 cheaper. What I want to know is should I spend the extra £20or is there going to be no difference between the 2 boards?

Here is the first board I was going to buy:

Asus P5QL-VM EPU Socket LGA775 Motherboard @ £74.99

Asus P5QL-VM EPU Socket LGA775 Motherboard - Misco.co.uk

And here is the one which is £20 cheaper:

Gigabyte motherboard EG41MF-US2H LGA775 DDR2 micro ATX @ £54.66

Gigabyte motherboard EG41MF-US2H LGA775 DDR2 micro ATX- microdirect.co.uk

Can you see any problems that I may have buying the cheaper of the 2 boards, such as loss of performance etc. All your input is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

No reason not to go with the cheaper Gigabyte one.

Thanks £20 is better in my pocket than theirs. The only thing I noticed different between the 2 is the chipset, but what does that mean with regards to the ability of the 2 mobos, and in that what i mean is why or for what reason if any would you spend the extra £20 on the Asus mobo?

Well the ASUS will probably overclock marginally better (not that either of these boards are really suitable for it), and can take 16GB of RAM instead of the Gigabyte's 8GB.

Other than that I don't think there are any differences, really.

No, you would need to buy 4GB sticks - which are fairly rare and many times more expensive than 2GB sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom