Windows SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy

Daemon Poster
The little update notification on my taskbar is annoying and I don't want it there.

It wants to install SP2, which I absolutely do not want, last I installed it I had to do a system recovery cuz their spiffy new virus protection was effing my computer up.

How can I tell the freaking Windows Update that I do not want to install because obviously I cannot just right click and close.

Thanks.

right click my computer. click properties click auto updates

uncheck the "auto update option" or check the "turn off auto update option"

The little update notification on my taskbar is annoying and I don't want it there.
The "little update notification" is not specific to SP2...or SP1 for that matter. And you can turn off your update notifications through the Windows-Update in CP. If you don't want SP2, turning off your Windows-Update is what you need to do, as you won't be getting any more updates for SP1.
It wants to install SP2, which I absolutely do not want, last I installed it I had to do a system recovery cuz their spiffy new virus protection was effing my computer up.
You could have...hmm...turned it off? :mad: I mean, the thing even says if you use your own AV program, you can turn off SP2's AV protection! I'm not using SP2's AV program, since I already have my own AV setup. End of problem.
How can I tell the freaking Windows Update that I do not want to install because obviously I cannot just right click and close.
As long as you have Auto-Update turned on, it's going to keep bugging you. You told it to notify you about updates. If you didn't want it bugging you, you should have turned it off. It only does what you tell it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom