Computer Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelvvmm

In Runtime
Hi, when I am just on the desktop with a few internet pages up and radio the computer freezes. This happens every 3-4 days. I just got done upgrading this computer.
The specs are:
its a dell E521
amd 5600+
2 gigs of ram
80 gb hdd

The cpu temperatures are very low at around 26c so it is not a overheating problem. What should I do?

Now it froze twice and rebooted without me pressing any bottons. This all happened this morning. What is the problem?

Sounds like your hard drive is going to me honestly; however it could be any number of different things.. Have your run he memtest and HD test like mindover told you to?

Yes I did do the tests and there was no problems. When it happened I was just on the internet and it froze. I also just installed a new hdd 2 days ago because I upgraded a lot of things, such as the cpu, ram,hdd, and I installed a dvd burner.

This may seem crappy but I guess it's worth a shot, you said the temps are low...have you tried more than 1 temp monitors just to make sure all are giving accurate results? You can check HWMonitor, CoreTemp and Speccy. Also when it rebooted, have you manage to notice if there was a quick BSOD (sometimes it flashes fast)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom