Any Problems with this Setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoiaSurvivor

Beta member
I plan on building a computer and this is my first time. I've had a little bit of help deciding. I plan on playing Crysis....yeah, i know....maybe on a lower setting if I have to. Are there any compatibility issues with this setup?

Processor and Motherboard: Intel Core i7 960 with ASUS p6x58d premium bundle

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 295

Ram: Kingston 6G 3x2 ddr3

Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB 7200 rpm SATA

Haven't decided on a case, dvd burner, or what power supply I need.

I plan on building a computer and this is my first time. I've had a little bit of help deciding. I plan on playing Crysis....yeah, i know....maybe on a lower setting if I have to. Are there any compatibility issues with this setup?

Processor and Motherboard: Intel Core i7 960 with ASUS p6x58d premium bundle

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 295

Ram: Kingston 6G 3x2 ddr3

Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB 7200 rpm SATA

Haven't decided on a case, dvd burner, or what power supply I need.

If you want to save some money and get the same or better performance, you could get an i7 920 and just overclock it.
Slaymate could help you out in that department, as could looking at the overclocking section of this forum.

i7 960 = i7 920 but with a higher multiplier
You can take an i7 920 and overclock it to the same levels or beyond an i7 960 for a much lower price.

For graphics I would suggest getting an ATI 5870, while it performs slightly below a GTX 295, it has much lower power requirements, produces less heat, and is a single GPU versus the GTX 295's two GPU's.

With the money you save buying an i7 920 vs the i7 960 though, you could opt for an ATI 5970 which is MUCH better than a GTX 295 and only ~$100 more.
You could easily max Crysis with a 5970.

Alright cool, 920 definitely sounds like the way to go but overclocking scares me. I'm afraid of doing it wrong and messing something up. Couldn't figure out exactly what ram speed I needed. I think I was looking at 1600 MHz.

Alright cool, 920 definitely sounds like the way to go but overclocking scares me. I'm afraid of doing it wrong and messing something up. Couldn't figure out exactly what ram speed I needed. I think I was looking at 1600 MHz.

Overclocking these days is easy.
You won't have any problems, and it's hard to permanently damage anything just by overclocking.

Vram (video card) is completely different then the RAM your motherboard supports. It will work fine with the board you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom