Connecting PC to HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkf76

My Swag is on!
Hey guys, you helped me before so it only makes sense to hit you up now that i need help again

I just bought a new 55" LED TV and while I was setting it up I noticed it has a RGB connection for hooking up a PC. That's cool and all but my video card only has DVI so here's my question.....

I have an MSI HD4830OC video card and a Prodigy HD2 sound card in my PC. What would be the best way to connect my PC to my TV? I'm thinking a DVI to HDMI cord, could I do that? Also, I'd like to be able to have my Audio run through my HT speakers when I use the TV as my monitor, is that possible w/o having to keep plugging and unplugging wires into my sound card? At the moment I have RCA to mini phono jack cord running from my sound card to a JVC receiver, which powers a pair of Insignia bookshelf speakers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Use DVI to HDMI
You can have speakers from the tv broadcasting the sound (Your Home Theater speakers) but you will need a cord to transmit audio data from your sound card to the tv. 3.5mm? or check and see what audio ports your tv takes

also by HT speakers I assume red/white speaker ports?

Everything should work out just fine.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1784388 said:
Use DVI to HDMI
You can have speakers from the tv broadcasting the sound (Your Home Theater speakers) but you will need a cord to transmit audio data from your sound card to the tv. 3.5mm? or check and see what audio ports your tv takes

also by HT speakers I assume red/white speaker ports?

Everything should work out just fine.
That's what I was hoping to hear...I might just have to keep the audio running from my workspace since it's in such close proximity to my couch, which is where I'd be while surfing the net on my TV since my keyboard and mouse are both wireless. Keep it simple, right?

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom