IM Not new at comp's, Odd Lag, 24/7, HD? MOBO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrankin89

Beta member
Hello, Ive been haveing a problem with a 2-3 sec lag that happens all the time, no matter what i do. Ad's on the internet lag, pretty much anything i do lol, I run a Pent.4. processor. 2x 2 gig 800mhz RAM running on a single channel. a 420w Powersupply, MSI platinum mobo, a 6800 Nvidia card, 1 TB Max Harddrive. Ive swapped out everything! ive tried different RAM, tried a different powersupply, different video card, ive reformatted the system, im currently running Windows 7, but this started happining when i was running XP. Does ANYONE have ANY ideas? i havent swapped out the mobo, processor, or harddrive. i was thinking maybe the HD. HELP!!!

Thanks.

What do mean by lag? pictures not loading fast? That would be a network/nic problem.

Did you do virus check? spyware/malware?

I'd get the Hard Drive tested. First thing would be to set S.M.A.R.T Monitoring on in the BIOS. Then you will want to download Seagate's Diagnostic Tool, which can be burnt to CD or copied to a bootable floppy.

Seatools Download.

Run a Quick Test first, followed by a Full Test - particularly if it finds an issue. Once the Full Test is complete, it will attempt to repair any bad sectors it comes across. If it fixes any, run a good and thorough CHKDSK on the drive. All of this is likely to take hours and hours on your Terabyte Drive. I'd leave the full test running overnight if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom