Willie2

Solid State Member
When booting I get this err:

Sata378 Tx2Plus{tm} Bios ver 1.00.0.34
{C} 2002-2005 Promise Tech, Inc
warning-bios does not find proper hardward config
ck your system No device found
bios not installed

I don't even use the sata drives, everything is good in device mgr.
I have a cd with drives & 2 floppy's, can I correct this???

When did you start getting this error? Recently or always? Any changes you made since the error occured?
Umm you can try going into your BIOS and disabling the SATA drive. Also you may have to update your BIOS if there's an update. When you say you got a CD with drives, you meant you got a CD Drive :umm:?

I think I've always had this error, I did go into bios & disabled it & now its gone, I have a CD with drivers & utilities & 2 floppy's that came with the MB, I wanted to use the sata ports for my dvd sata burner but this MB is old & only supports sata Hard drives, also when I reinstall XP should I press F6 to install raid & sata drivers?? I've never done this.

What motherboard do you have? Also use the CD to install all the necessary drivers for the motherboard, afterward you can check online and see if the manufacture has any updated drivers that may overcome your limitation. I never had to press F6 during an install since my HDD would detect automatically, so can't advise on that part.

Edit: According to this website, Install Windows XP on SATA, older motherboards has floppies that may have the SATA drivers on them, so if that is pertaining to your motherboard since you already mentioned it's kind of old...then yes you can try it out.

Thus, for those owning older mainboards with SATA support an extra step is required while attempting to install Windows XP. Windows XP does not provide drivers for all the SATA controllers, therefore, during the installation procedure, the user must insert a floppy with the drivers that came in the package along with the motherboard.

I have a MSI KT6 Delta MB, one of the floppy's has the sata drivers on it but it's only for hard drives, if it was for sata dvd burners then I would try it.....thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom