Buying a computer for the non-savy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemmini6

Beta member
I am looking to buy a few new work computers for a very small office. I am looking at Dell because they seem to be reasonably priced for what you get, and the warranty they offer is important since they are company computers. My question is, the main office computer will be used for a lot of multi-tasking of accounting and design software, word processing, internet searches, etc and i'm not sure what processor to chose. The current one I have selected is an Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 with 4 GB of Ram, but I don't know if it'd be worth it to upgrade to the next level (E8400) processor. Would that give any additional performance for the money or does the current processor and ram sound like it will be able to handle those functions? Again, I am only moderately tech savy, I know enough to do daily computer functions, but I don't know anything in-depth.

Another small question I have is about security software. Looking at Norton Internet Security 2010, but probably will not buy it with the computer, thoughts on that software? Also, am I correct in understanding that if I buy a one copy, I can load it onto 3 of our computers?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

The E7500 would be sufficient for office tasks.
I am not sure on multiple installations with Norton, it depends on what sort of license you have/how many licenses you have for installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom