Will these computer parts work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, you don't have a hdd listed in your cart, but yes the psu would fit although it's not from a particularly good brand.

if the i7 920 is out of your budget, then go with an i5 750.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

this ram
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Desktop Memory

and also, i would change the psu to a better known brand but also because i doubt you'd need a 700w psu. you mentioned that you would be gaming on this pc but you have yet to list the gfx card you've been looking at.

if you can decide how much you want to spend on a gfx card, we'll give you some good gfx card options and from that, we can tell you what psu would be appropriate for your system.

fergtogo, any particular reason you're buying from directron?

Newegg.com offers good prices and great service.

Wow guys :) Thanks for all the help and suggestions

well, you don't have a hdd listed in your cart, but yes the psu would fit although it's not from a particularly good brand.

if the i7 920 is out of your budget, then go with an i5 750.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

this ram
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Desktop Memory

and also, i would change the psu to a better known brand but also because i doubt you'd need a 700w psu. you mentioned that you would be gaming on this pc but you have yet to list the gfx card you've been looking at.

if you can decide how much you want to spend on a gfx card, we'll give you some good gfx card options and from that, we can tell you what psu would be appropriate for your system.

About the harddrive and the graphics card, they are actually listed next to the mother board where it says
Code:
# *Add PCI Express Video Card : Radeon HD5770 1GB PCI-E 2.0 XFX HD-577A-ZNFC(+176.98)
# *Add SATA Hard Drive : One 1TB SATA 3.5in OEM WD WD10EARS(+79.99)
For the PSU, I used the ASUS tool to determine how much I needed and it came out to 550 watts or something close to that so I went higher incase I wanted to add more stuff later. But thanks for the suggestion about the brand I will try to find a better one... should i go for 600W?

I will look into going for an i5 ill post back after I do some reasearch :D

From specification of the PSU and Case, both are ATX so they both are compatible I would believe, it's the standard. Also yes the HDD would fit, it should fit in any case :p.
Thank you, again :)

fergtogo, any particular reason you're buying from directron?

Newegg.com offers good prices and great service.

Yes, I live in Houston which is where directron is located so I can use the pickup option instead of paying for shipping.. I also believe that my components will be safer that way, because I had a laptop shipped to me once and when I got it it was physically destroyed :(

Thanks for the suggestion I will look into that as well :D

Thanks again everyone! You have been really helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom