Regarding Dual Hard Drive Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaeso

Beta member
Hello,

I'm thinking of putting in a dual hard drive setup, a more tech savvy friend of mine explained that one disk is read only with the OS on it, then the other I would save everything else to, such as games and the like, what are your thoughts? Would this be an efficient setup? Are there any problems I would encounter? Any input at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kaeso

Yes, that's a good setup - I have the same. I have an 80GB SATA which I have my OS on, and a 640GB I use for storage.

It's more efficient because you can load things from both drives at the same time, i.e. you can play a game from the storage drive while also doing stuff on the OS drive.

Yes, that's a good setup - I have the same. I have an 80GB SATA which I have my OS on, and a 640GB I use for storage.

It's more efficient because you can load things from both drives at the same time, i.e. you can play a game from the storage drive while also doing stuff on the OS drive.

Indeed. It's also a good idea because it'll improve performance.

As they both say it's a good setup :), and yes I use to have it when I had my PC :D!

I can't remember exactly how this goes but I have heard that if you install games on the second drive and you unplug the second drive, Windows will not work properly. Seems like it had something to do with the start menu. Been a few years since somebody told me this.

Nope. Windows will still work just fine. Your games won't work (obviously), but it won't affect the windows components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom