First OC Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
either you've got a locked chip.. or your ram can't take the fsb going higher, if that's what you're doing..

nubius how you get a 2400 up that high i got the 2800 and i cant get passed 2200ghz plus for some reason if i change my multiplyer to 11.5 it just wont boot up could you check my npz settings and tell me what im doin wrong pls

You have a 2800+ XP chip, that's made for desktops, I have the 35 watt 2400+ XP-Mobile chip, it's normally pretty hot in a laptop, but it's also socket A, it's not the same as the 2400+ XP which is for desktops specifically. The mobile chips are half the wattage and have a lower vcore thus producing less heat. With adequate cooling it can be overclocked quite a bit. Steppings do make a difference somewhat, I have the IQYHA stepping and I read that the IQ steppings we're supposed to be pretty good at OC'ing and apparantly they are :D

ok i managed to get this thing oc,d to 2300ghz just by uping the vcore to 175, it ran stable at this but i was a little worried about the temps as they were going to around 55 c i only have a stock heatsink at the moment so i think its time to uprade, maybee with a good heatsink i may get to around the 2400gh mark fingers crossed

That heatsink doesn't look too much better than a stock heatsink. Look into getting something like the SLK-900A that's what I have and it works great. Doesn't come with a fan though, but coupled with the 80mm or 92mm Tornado and you'll have plenty of cooling as far as the CPU goes, the tornados are quite loud though so a fan controller is recommended. 55C is about normal especially considering you've even OC'd that chip a bit. Like I said, my 2400+ XP (not the mobile I currently have in here now) would run at 64C idle when I had stock heatsink, no case fans, and the side panel open, so I think your temps aren't anything insanely out of the ordinary, but most people would be a little more comfortable if it were in the 40's.

If you REALLY want to OC I suggest getting a mobile chip like this. The 35w 2400+ XP-M through the 2600+ XP-M's are supposed to be great at overclocking and at cool temps at that. You gotta figure it's probably in the 60's celcius in a laptop so it's real easy to cool it down in a desktop with adequate cooling.

k with this heatsink im down to 40c at 2.200hhz so i now got an extra 10 c to play with hehe highest ive had so far is 2300ghz at 184 fsb 44 c 1.75 vcore i cant get anymore out of it as it just wont start up for some strange reason when i change my multi to say 11 and try for 11 +200 fsb it just wont start so i need to look into this maybe it just doesent like the multi being changed is there any thing else i could try to change to get it upto 200 fsb cheers and happy overclocking everyone

Could be your multi is locked in which you'd have to do some hardmodding to get it unlocked. If it's locked, then when you changed the multi the computer won't boot up

or, it could be that your ram isn't suited to overclocking. what ram are you running in your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom