Will these computer parts work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertogo

Baseband Member
Here is the image of my cart.
http://i39.tinypic.com/4u9d7k.png
Hey I want to build my own computer and just started looking for some computer parts that I want. I have some questions, will all the items in my cart work together (for example will the power supply work with the selected motherboard?) I already know the CPU is compatible with the motherboard but im unsure about the video card, case and power supply. Please help me because I really want to build this one.
Please feel free to give me some recommendations on what to add/remove/change
Thank you in advance
Fertogo

Welcome to Tech Forums :), don't think the CPU and Motherboard is compatible since they carry different socket types. Everything else seems compatible but maybe someone else can give a view in case I missed anything.

joelm is correct, the cpu is not compatible with that mobo. the cpu is for the 1366 socket, that mobo has an 1156 socket.

also that ram would not work. you got the type correct (you do need ddr3 ram for that mobo), but you have selected laptop ram. you need desktop ram.

Welcome to Tech Forums :), don't think the CPU and Motherboard is compatible since they carry different socket types. Everything else seems compatible but maybe someone else can give a view in case I missed anything.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.
I thought that the motherboard and the CPU were compatible because on the motherboard (first item on cart) it says "compatible with intel i7/i5 CPU" and the CPU is an intel i7 930.
I might be wrong but that is why i though they were compatible...
Is there anything else im missing.. I dont really need an optical or floppy drive because i rarely use them and the network card and soundcard are integrated into the motherboard.
Thanks for your help

joelm is correct, the cpu is not compatible with that mobo. the cpu is for the 1366 socket, that mobo has an 1156 socket.

also that ram would not work. you got the type correct, you do need ddr3 ram for that mobo, but you have selected laptop ram. you need desktop ram.

Wow! Sorry for the double post but I just noticed.
I cant beleive I completly missed that it said "Laptop ram" I feel like such a noob now :sweat:
Thanks for letting me know
Also about the CPU im looking at the prices and still deciding whether I should change the CPU or the motherboard. Thanks for letting me know that too

Wow! Sorry for the double post but I just noticed.
I cant beleive I completly missed that it said "Laptop ram" I feel like such a noob now :sweat:
Thanks for letting me know
Also about the CPU im looking at the prices and still deciding whether I should change the CPU or the motherboard. Thanks for letting me know that too
Hmm depends, change the motherboard if you can and see if you get similar specs if it's anything specific you're looking for.

If I change the motherboard I have currently selected with this one
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Socket 1366 ATX Motherboard Intel X58 Mainboard QPI 6.4GT/s LGA 1366 Intel Core i7 Processor Triple-channel DDR3-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com
Will everything work...total that is a little over my budget because the motherboard is almost $100 more than the other one. Also, I was planning on just using dual channel RAM, do you think going triple channel will make much of a difference? ( I would use this computer mainly for gaming and videoedting)
Sorry for all the questions
Thanks for all the answers :D

*edit*
Hmm depends, change the motherboard if you can and see if you get similar specs if it's anything specific you're looking for.

Will this new setup work?
http://i39.tinypic.com/20f2i5k.png

Thanks again for all your help

Well it would work, yup. As for the difference, I'm not sure since I'm not to expert on those stuff but I would believe it would, especially since you do vid editing and also gaming. Wait around for more views though since I could be wrong lol :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom