ACER problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

casawyer

Beta member
I bought the Acer 1 Netbook a little over a month ago, I tried to get on to my wireless net work today, and there's a full wireless strength from the net work. When I open explorer, no internet. I thought well it probably the Modem. Turned on a computer that's connected to the Wireless network, (LAN) and it worked. Weird. Okay must be the wireless network. Turned on a different computer with wireless, and it had internet. Oh SH--. My acer is still not getting internet. I have reset the wireless card, i plugged it it because the battery was a little low. Nothing. I plugged it in to LAN, and it works..

Receiving Wireless network, just no internet. Modem, and Wireless network working fine. I have got on the network with the laptop before.....

What is it? Never thought this problem would exsist.....

Thanks...
My daughter bought an Acer one about 10 months ago. She broke her power cord and a month or so ago and she hasn't been able to use it for about a month. I bought her a replacement charger for it and plugged it in and it took a few minutes but when we turned it on, everything works but the internet ethernet or wireless. there is a big red x between the monitor and the internet. Everyonce in a while it tells us there are wireless networks in range but when we click on it, there is not wireless networks registed. I have 5 different wireless wifi's around me besides my one, but I can't get hers to show any. When I direct wire to the router, it doesn't show any connection that way either. When I check the hardware they both show and say they are working properly, but I get nothing. Any suggestions?

RECHECK THE FOLLOWING FOR WIN XP O/S :

1. GO TO MY COMPUTER AND TOWARDS YOUR LEFT HAND SIDE CLIK ON VIEW SYSTEM INFO.
2. ON TAB CLIK HARDWARE
3. THEN CLIK DEVICE MANAGER
4. IF ANYTHING SHOWS WITH A YELLOW QUESTION MARK, THEY NEED TO BE ATTENDED.
5. JUST RIGHT CLIK ON EACH AND UPDATE THE DRIVER AND OR IN SOME INSTANCES, JUST RIGHT CLIK AND UN-INSTALL THEM AND DO A RESTART WHICH MOST OF THE TIME IT FIXES THE PROBLEM.

ANOTHER WAY TO CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION STATUS IS :

1. CLIK ON START THEN CONTROL PANEL
2. THEN CLIK ON NETWORK AND INTERNET CONECTIONS
3. CLIK ON INTERNET OPTIONS
4. ON TAB CLIK CONNECTIONS
5. MAKE SURE TO CHECK "NEVER DIAL A CONNECTION"
6. PROCEED DOWN TO "LAN SETTINGS"
7. ONCE THERE MAKE SURE TO PLACE CHECK MARK IN "AUTOMATICALLY DETECT SETTINGS" NOTING ELSE SHOULD BE CHECKED
8.CLIK ON OK AND OK AGAIN.

VIEW YOU NETWORK CONNECTIONS :

1. CLIK START, CONTROL PANEL THEN NETWORK CONNECTIONS
2. ON YOUR LEFT CLIK ON VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS'
3. MAKE SURE YOUR WIRELESS CONNECTION IS ENABLE
4. SIMPLY RIGHT CLIK TO ENABLE IF IT IS DISABLE !
5. THE RED X SIMPLY MEANS IT'S DISABLE !

Note : Acer Netbook Drivers con be downloaded at US-Acer :

http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?...tx1g.c2att92=843&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=1841181145

KEEP ME UP TO DATE !

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom