No buffer space available. -- Socket Error # 10055

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know what this error means?
Socket Error # 10055
No buffer space available.

It happens every time I use the internet, at various times (1hr - 5hrs), the internet just stalls completely (nothing works). I am on dial-up, but it hasn't done this until recently. The only solution to this is to restart the computer...then it's dandy for another 1-5hrs. Simply reconnecting the internet does not fix it...

The way I got this error message was by using my email client...I searched Google's groups for it, and found a LOT of people had the same problem, but reading through a good part of them, I found no answers...so was thinking that maybe, just maybe, someone here has delt with this/has ideas for it!

Thanks for any/all help!
-X

Resource problem. Make sure u have enough RAM and virtual memory. It can occur when running too many programs at the same time. It could also be your mailclient, close it (not sure though)

Thanks for the quick reply. I have 512MB RAM, virtual memory? I've not messed with that, ever. Hm, weird thing is that I've never had this problem in two years...and it happens even when NO program is running [of course, with the exception of AOL] (I just use the mail client to get the error message, it's generally not open). So I'm not sure what it could be...

any other ideas, anyone:)
-X

It's not the mail...all internet applications die. From the computer games, the web browser, the email, the instant messenger...etc. Nope, haven't installed anything lately, besides the TV Tuner (I don't see how that could conflict)...:-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom