DVD & CD-ROM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeoj

Beta member
Somebody please help, I recently deleted Hero DVD player and I think it has deleted my CD Rom drivers as well, I cannot access my Cd rom or DVD player/burner.
I have searched this forum and googled for a while now but no luck.
I currently run a Duron 800 with win 98, 128 Ram, 1.2 gig HD, and Lg Cdrom and DVD burner, I have had no major problems until this apart fro a crashing problem with wmp 7.1 until I uninstalled it back to 6.4.
In the system configuration the Cd Rom controller has an exclamation mark.
Whenever I try to reinstall or try and find another driver it tells me I have the best one already installed.

I did that and now i have my CD rom back but still no access to the DVD burner, any thing else I can do?.

you on MASTER / SLAVE or CABLE SELECT.

I always keep my gear on MASTER / SLAVE. I have seen Calble Select fail too many times.

Its on Master/Slave, I even swapped them around and it made no difference.
Its listed in device manager, and it says it is working properly.
But I cannot access it.

your drivers might have been corrupted. Do the same you did with your cd-rom. Delete it from the device manager and let windows redetect it for the drivers. You can also check the manufaturer's site for firmware update once it works properly.

I did that and it is in the system manager, I have removed it and rebooted it returns but still unable to access, thanx for all the help and I will try other tech forums and keep trying,at last resort I will return it to the dealer.

install a DVD Software /Power DVD/Win DVD or with WIN Media Player go to Tools/Devices , see if its recognized . If not ADD your device/Highlight it and check the Properties adjust your settings accordingly.

Cappy said:
install a DVD Software /Power DVD/Win DVD or with WIN Media Player go to Tools/Devices , see if its recognized . If not ADD your device/Highlight it and check the Properties adjust your settings accordingly.
Could you explain this msg a little better, i can't follow it.
Thanks.

open windows media player.Go to Tools..Then options..Click the Device Tab....if you dont see your drive there check your conections to the device in the case..If you still dont see it get a new one .If you do see it ...Highlight the device and select properties...Read each tab and adjust the settings to suit your needs...Under File Types ...SElect All ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom