and C: jumped over E:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i wanted to install ubuntu on an external hard disk drive and i went through all the processes and double checked everything but when it finnally finnashed i rebooted my computer ( i was on a live CD) and when it got to my raid splash screen it said GRUB (yes i know what grub is) and i though ok this is an easy fix so i put in my windows XP cd and ran recovery console and first thing i typed was MAP and then it came up with 2 HDD's and then i was heart broken when i lookd at what it had them set to... my primary hard drive is set to a secondary hard drive and my external is my primary and since it is a USB hard drive it wont load duing my raid screen... i had looked before and i ran FIXMBR \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2 (my old primary hard drive) and then did the same for my new primary... then it still said GRUB... it is annoying the **** out of me can somone please tell me how to make my old hard drive my C: drive again.....

P.S. when i try and load the windows recovery console it wont boot unless my external hard disk drive is connected. and when it not then it give me an error "there is no connected hard drive" or somthing like that ok please help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom