Help with Connecting PSU to Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0rana

Baseband Member
I have this PSU and motherboard:
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Elite 460 RS-460-PSAR-J3 460W ATX12V V2.31 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

I tried to connect the 20+4 pin PSU to the 24-pin motherboard, but I can't seem to get them to fit. I first connect the 20-pin part of the PSU, which fits, but when I try to fit the 4-pin part, it doesn't seem to fit. Am I missing something here?

For now, I connected just the 20-pin part of the PSU to the motherboard, since the manual says the PSU has the right compatibility specs (and the computer works).

I just want to make sure I have done everything correctly since I don't want any long-term damage to the computer.

The 20+4 pin should easily fit into the 24-pin on the motherboard. Check and see if the shape of the 4 pin on the psu matches the shape of the 4 pin slot on the motherboard. If they match than it's suppose to fit, otherwise you might have the wrong 4 pin plug.

The 20 + 4 pin connector should connect together so that it can be put in as a single 24 pin connector.

Looks like it slides together.

you can't connect the 4 pin after you connect the 20 pin. you need to disconnect it (while the pc is off ofcourse), and slide the 4 pin on, like this.
http://www.epowertec.com/pwr_images/20+4pin_2.jpg
qn0jds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom