defragging

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
anybody know about the the documents and settings\*user*\ local settings\history\index.dat file

mine is 3.3 gigs the only reason i kno it was there is cuz i defragged and it wont defrag it. it wont show in explorer even show sys files and show hidden files enabled. my windows partition is at 58% fragmentation and its this file thats keeping it from defragging, whats it purpose, can i delete it from the command line, is it needed etc i only have 15% free on this drive so thats a really problem so i need to kno if this file is wasting space or not plus its 3.3 gigs thats bigger than my winblows install.

btw ive tried microshits defragger along with diskeeper pro

really weird, delete it, as far as I know the index files can be deleted. You can also flush it with tools like system mechanic (I think)

BTW, I think Diskkeeper is really cool!!! But I like O&O more :)

just to let u guys kno what happened

i wanted to c what would happen if i tried to delete it from the command line and it deleted it no problems surprisingly so its gone now with no ill effects so far and im now happily defragged

i like diskeeper altho i havent used any others i dont think besides windows shiet one, this one takes a few mins to do what windows takes 2 hours plus tons more options etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom