some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstrkto

Beta member
Hey guys i'm new to this forum and I'm in a bit of a sticky situation at the moment and would hopefully like to hear some of your input.

Ok, so I have the Gateway FX6800-01E and I gotta tell ya I'm ready to throw it out the window. At first it was fine, then I had a driver failure, so I got a new driver(western digital 1.0 TB) and did system reboot. Problem Fixed

until..randomly it would lock up on me, could not do ctrl+alt+del it wouldn't respond..only way to solve the problem was to do power switch off and restart. Until one night it would not boot back up. I got this error saying..." A disk read error occured. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Ok so I tried this, and it kept repeating..so I tried another system reboot only to have it say " an error occured on boot" not to mention when I put my boot cd in it was painfully slower than usual ..tried this 3x to no progress.

Don't know what to do from here, my rig is screwed, and I'm thinking about building a new rig by myself. What do you guys think? and thanks for reading.

meh it didn't work, right now I'm disecting my computer and taking the still good hardware, memory,driver, and graphics card. I think the culperit is my power supply or motherboard idk.
But yeah building my own looks like my only option.Though I've never done so before, where should I begin?
And for budget..not sure yet, I just want something like my fx6800 only better and more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom