need a good cpu heat sink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price doesn't matter as long as it keeps my cpu cool. And doesn't block my ram slot. Ive got the Corsair Dominator ram with the large heat sinks on em.

All right well i ran hot cpu tester for about an hour and here are my temps all on stock, but i don't have things cranked up to high yet either.

systemtemps.png

im still waiting on my new video card and 3 more hard drives, a few more dvd rom drives and a fan controller i was thinking of going with water cooling but not sure.

That seems really hot IMO. My phenom II 940 idles at 27-29c and loads at ~43c with my core contact and a KAZE 3000 tie wrapped on it.

Core contact probably won't block your ram, on my mothgerboard it's just about at the closest side of the first slot, then my KAZE is over top of the first 2 :p Beastly 38mm fan though soo. Long as you don't have all 4 spots populated you should be perfectly fine with anything other then the megahalems and possibly the Vigor Monsoon, as it seems really long.

i just moved my ram from the closes slots to my cpu to the second set and drop a few degrees but i think my main problem is i need better thermal paste. stuff i had was more chalky and doesn't seem to transfer heat well also would it be bad to have the rear fan and the front fan blowing in cold air and the top fan pulling all the heat out ive got a front 230 mm and top fan and a 140 mm rear fan

i would also like to face to cpu cooler so it blows air out the top screen the top is open mesh

ok so i backed my oc back to 3.6 from 3.8 and things seem to be running a little better still runs hot seems to run hotter than before i took off my cpu heat sink cleaned it and used some arctic silver 5 tp and its running a little hotter now don't know why and its really bugging me

Arctic silver 5 is a big waste of money, its conductive, and has a curing time. Mx-2 is non-conductive, doesn't have a curing time, and is cheaper, not to mention it out performs it.

IMO I'd se your cpu back to stock till you get a better heatsink. Though I'm surprised at the temps your getting with the stock, thought they'd be higher.

well i ended up swapping out my stock heat sink with one i was using on my dual core it the Thermaltake TR2-R1 gonna see how my temps run with it has a bit better cfm than the one im using now cause my temps at no oc are still to high for my liking

linky thinga ma bob

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2604150&CatId=2545

using this till i can get a new one in 3 weeks plus been keeping my window open and door closed so its like 40 degrees in here now

lol I think the stock cooler is bigger.... I'd just run stock speeds with the stock cooler personally; until you get a good heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom