AS SSD/HDD Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though i'd add this in for kicks. My monster caviar blue IDE got a whopping 11

[11] | baron5 | Western Digital IDE 7200 320GB

WDCBide.jpg

monstrous score!
how long did that take you?

Here's mine. The first one is my 1tb Caviar Black for data and the second is my OCZ Vertex SSD for the OS. Idk if these are any good or not.

WD Caviar Black 1tb
as-ssd-benchWDCWD1001FALS-038201011.png

OCZ Vertex 30gb ssd
as-ssd-benchOCZ-VERTEXATAD38201011-.png

I need to do the 1.5 Firmware and run it again. Also need to do the ssd tweaker too.

EDIT: Do I have to change anything Hardware related to run the firmware update? I read somewhere that my pcu should not be overclocked and I'd have to reset cmos?? I'm not super smart about computers so help me out!!!

I had to turn off AHCI in the bios to do the update. That was it.

So if your sata is running in AHCI mode, change it back to IDE, then run the update CD or USB you make, and when done don't forget to turn AHCI back on. :big_smile:

Just so you know InsaneJester17 im fairly sure that TRIM doesn't support AHCI or RAID so if you have either running TRIM won't work.

My Data Drive is a Raid0 array so I have Raid Enabled. But since my SSD is not in a Raid Array TRIM still works.

Here's a simple test to verify if TRIM is working. Run the AS SSD Benchmark as a Base Result. Here I've scored a 184.
beforetrim.jpg

Now create a temporary folder on your C: drive, or whatever drive letter is assigned to your SSD. Add a large quanity of files to this folder. I copied all my wallpapers and the contents of my download folder, approximately 5GB. Now run the AS SSD Benchmark again. You'll see my drive speed took a tremondous hit and scores a 146.
addfiles.jpg

Now Delete the Temporary Folder and empty the Recycle Bin. This will force Windows to issue the TRIM command. Run the AS SSD Benchmark again. My drive is now at 185, TRIM is working.
aftertrim.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom