Disc Read Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverAtlas

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, I know I don't post much...mostly due to the fact that I lost my account information.

Tonight, my mom and I were watching DVDs on her laptop which was plugged into her TV. Sometimes when we plug the cable into the tv, the display only shows on the TV and the screen of the laptop is black.

Usually this isn't an issue, we just reboot and it's all fine...but when we rebooted tonight...after the Toshiba page came up right after reboot, a black screen came up that said "Disc Read Error, press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart"

After doing this, it reboots and takes me to the same page. What do I do!? My mom uses this laptop ALL THE TIME...so quick responses would be much appreciated.

There should be an Fn key and there is a Monitor to TV key up by the F keys. By default, it switches to the TV.

For the Disc Read Error, try going into Safe Mode (press F8 before the window's splash screen) and do a hard drive Error-check (right click C:\ drive in My Computer, right click, choose properties, go to the tools tab)

Edit: Welcome to TF and your first post! :lol:

The problem is in my C drive, it's a file in my Program Files. There are two folders in there that appear empty, but when I try to delete it it says "Error 0x80070091: The directory is not empty"

I THINK this is the issue...how can I be sure, ya know?

I can't get into my pc, the only reason I saw the C drive was because I have a Windows Vista recovery disc (ISO) and I have to find a file and I saw it...so yeah. And now it's saying "BOOTMGR is missing, press Ctrl + Alt + Dlt to restart"

This is frustrating.

You'd think it'd be worth a shot. If only my mom hadn't bought her laptop at a pawnshop 2 years ago! It's didn't come with an installation disc OR a recovery disc.

I took it to a repair shot. Here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom