Newegg Selling Fake Intel CPUs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: beware buying from newegg!!!

Newegg is a reallly **** good place to buy computer parts

I also read that 920 incident and heard that Newegg is trying to recall all the 920s sent out?

Re: beware buying from newegg!!!

Okay... It took newegg under 24hrs to resolve the issue, and under 2 days to find and pull all units.

They order 2000, and 300 came up counterfiet. They weren't demo boxes, as the box was littered with spelling mistakes like "sochet".

Neweggs been great, and fixed up the issue, now is D&Hs time to come clean.

I just don't see how anyone can slip up and ship 2000 FAKE processors. Maybe 1-2 "show models" but 2,000? Newegg seriously needs to look into this and find out what was going through their heads.

I just don't see how anyone can slip up and ship 2000 FAKE processors. Maybe 1-2 "show models" but 2,000? Newegg seriously needs to look into this and find out what was going through their heads.

Look at the boxes... you can't even tell theyre fake unless you look very closely... so how were they supposed to know

Not really that hard to see considering robots do most of the packaging work

But if you are talking about their supplier, I think it was intentional as Intel confirmed they were counterfeit and not demos

For me personally, This does nothing but confirm what a great company NewEgg really is. Other companies would have taken forever to do anything about something like this. And many more Big, well known companies (coughcompaqHP) wouldnt even acknowledge its existence without hard proof that it was going to effect theyre entire company. With NewEgg, it takes one complaint to get things rolling. And always, first priority, is to make it right with the customer. I rarely ever get anything bad from NewEgg, and I shop with them a whole lot building custom computers. Ive only ever had one DOA delivered to me, a Hard Drive, and getting a new one delivered was no harder really than ordering the first one. And NewEgg is the only place Ive ever ordered a whole custom computer in parts and recieved every piece in good condition and in good working order (more than once). NewEgg has bloomed significantly in the past years, Im only happy theyve handled theyre success with such a "Customer Comes First" business plan. Personally, I'll rarely shop anywhere else for computer parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom