Dell Inspiron 1545 backlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
I am just looking to see if there's something that anyone here can advise me on. I just bought my third laptop, this one for $200USD. When I start it up, it gets to the DELL splash screen then the backlight cuts out. if you angle the screen you can see everything but it's very very dark. I need to stop buying computers this cheap, I'll have my own store before to long!!

I'll just delve into it tomorrow... hopefully I can find something in there... it is the second screen it's had on it, the first *mind you I'm going off of second hand information and am the third owner* had a dead pixel or maybe more than just one dead pixel, so maybe it was just installed wrong

My apologies for the doublepost, but I didn't want to throw this on as an edit. heres some pictures of what I got so far. This is after I had taken the outer shell of the screen off, the bracket just below the screen off, and the keyboard out.
Image one shows the back PCB that quite frankly I'm not sure what it is. This is directly below the LCD
2010-03-08212939.jpg

This is where the screen plugs into the board. note, the biggest plug actually says "LCD" on it, indicating it's the plug for the LCD. The plug to the left has some numbers and letters, maybe Cerces can decipher it. The plug to the right is for the built in webcam

2010-03-08212900.jpg

This last picture is showing that the screen does in fact work. This is the dell splash.

2010-03-08213249.jpg

And now, a brief update. While taking it apart, I started it up to see if I could wiggle some cables, unplugged the plug from the thing just below the screen, moved things around. I got nothing. so I decided to hit the power button to turn it off, and for the briefeest of seconds I got to see my desktop for the first time ever! backlight fired back on, nice and bright and all. This leads me to further believe that the backlight is merely shorting out or not connected correctly, but I really have no idea which plug is the backlight! nor what to jiggle and test and all that. Thanks so far, hope this can be resolved. If not, I'll be taking the hard drive out and putting it into my other toshiba that has a cracked screen, but I have an HDMI cable for it to connect it to my tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom