Ready inspection for my new i7 build ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seria

PC Cutie ^_^
Hello everyone! I am excited to let you know that I am moving up in the world! I'm upgrading from the build in my current sig to this:
MY NEW BABY!
I am also excited that my actual price tag was closer to $1600! ^_^!

Anyways, I think I've got everything, but I would like you guys to inspect my build before I power her up.
If you need more/better pictures let me know.

* Read in my next post for the checklist
* I do have a few questions about the power cables:

a) am I really supposed to plug BOTH of the 6pin power cables into the GPU? That means that I don't have anymore, so what am I supposed to do for, in the future, when I get a second GPU?
b) Am I right in thinking that when the MOBO has the 8pin power connector next to the CPU I should use it? (I only ask because I had an issue once with a REALLY early build where plugging the power into the connector actually caused problems)
c) How easy/safe is it to splice a 2pin head onto my POWER LED cord? (which currently has a 3pin head)

Attachments

• cables.jpg
    cables.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 87
  • sexy.jpg
    sexy.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 84
  • problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 88
  • satas.jpg
    satas.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 86
  • srsly.jpg
    srsly.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 88

1. Mount CPU cooler bracket to the front and back of the MOBO
2. Dock CPU into MOBO
3. Mount all (4) case fans
4. Mount PSU into case
5. Mount MOBO in case on those "raised...screw...things..."
6. Connect case wires to MOBO
7. Connect sata cables to all drives
8. Insert all Drives into bays
9. Connect sata cables to all drives
10. Evenly spread thermal paste onto CPU
11. Mount CPU cooler
12. Install GPU & Sound Card
13. Plug in all power cables, (MOBO 24pin, MOBO 8pin, all drives, case fans, Both of the 6pin connectors for the GPU)
14. double check everything
15. triple check everything
16. re-re-re-re check EVERYTHING

Sorry, but that isn't cable management.

This is:
IMG_0578-1.jpg

Try routing cables behind the motherboard tray.

Sorry, but that isn't cable management.
Lol, I was mostly joking... (if you look at my sig... you can see how what I have now is a whole new world from what I had before[course.... before I WANTED cables everywhere *shrug*])

anywho... more pictures... with questions...

Attachments

• sound2.jpg
    sound2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 84
yes, you need the 8 pin cpu power cable, and yes you also need to connect both 6 pin pcie power cables for the gfx card. and what do you mean you don't have any more 6 pin cables, according to your wishlist you got the antec ea 750w which has 2 6 pin and 2 6+2 pin cables. the 6+2 pin can be used as both a 6 pin pcie and an 8 pin pci should your gfx card requires it, so in total you have 4 6 pin cables.

no, i don't think you'll have a problem replacing the 3 pin led header with a 2 pin

yes, you need the 8 pin cpu power cable, and yes you also need to connect both 6 pin pcie power cables for the gfx card. and what do you mean you don't have any more 6 pin cables, according to your wishlist you got the antec ea 750w which has 2 6 pin and 2 6+2 pin cables. the 6+2 pin can be used as both a 6 pin pcie and an 8 pin pci should your gfx card requires it, so in total you have 4 6 pin cables.

no, i don't think you'll have a problem replacing the 3 pin led header with a 2 pin

first off... Hi muffin man! thanks for the response ^_^ I owe you a make-out session!

are you talking about what i've got in the pic?

Attachments

• psu.jpg
    psu.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 77
Hey clown ^_^ I'm using the same case as before (in sig) its a mid tower.
its dimensions are 19x17x8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom