Raising FPS in PC Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Besty

Beta member
Just about EVERY PC game i have has horrible fps. I'm talking like 10-20 max. And thats with everything down to low settings. I dont know why.

PC Specs.

Processer: Interl (R) Core(TM) Quad CPU Q8300 @2.5 GHz
Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (Utilized 3.00 GB)
System Type: 32 Bits
NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i

im assuming thats all i need to show. Thanks for the help!

NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i

problem is there

the 7100 is not meant for gaming

I was going to say, there lies the issue, obviously since this thing sounds like a pre-built, we'd have to know what the power supply is included..see if its up to the job.:thumbsup:

32 bit Windows can only utilize a max of 3.5GB of RAM. That includes and memory for graphics. You may have 4GB, but Windows can only deal with 3.5. Should you get a dedicated graphics card the memory it has would be taken from the 3.5, leaving your system only able to utilize (3.5GB - the memory of the GFX card)GB of memory.

Fat.Clown is right about the 7100. It will work for casual games, but you can forget about any serious gaming.

Yea you need a dedicated GPU board. Even a budget video card will kick the crap out of that 7100.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 GPU Performance In-depth > 1680x1050 – High/Medium/Low - TechSpot
ATI Radeon HD 5770 Review > Benchmarks: Call of Duty, Company of Heroes - TechSpot

The 5770 looks to be a good deal. When buying a video card you need to know these things:

1) Does my motheboard have a PCI-E x16 slot?
-Generally most motherboards now have these, but you should be sure before you do anything.
2) What kind of Power Supply Unit (PSU) do I have?
-You're going to want to know 3 things. First, how much wattage does it have? Anything above 500W should be fine for most setups, multi GPU setups would want more. Second, what is the amperage on the +12V rail? Generally, you're going to want 40A of current for most video cards, though more doesn't hurt, and most modern PSUs have more anyhow. Third, do I have PCI-E power plugs? Most video cards need at least one 6 pin PCI-E plug which comes from the PSU, or maybe even an 8-pin, but only high-end cards use them.
3) What is my monitor's resolution?
-Resolution is very important when picking a video card. The lower the resolution, the less you have to worry about. Some GPUs excel at high resolutions compared to the competition so look at benchmarks at the resolution you plan to run it on. If you run @ 1280x1024 you shouldn't worry too much. But if you're like me and run @ 1920 x 1200, you're going to need some horsepower to play at that resolution.
4) What is my budget?
-Only buy what you can afford, don't overspend. A 150-200 dollar GPU will play every game out there at playable FPS, albeit not on highest settings and at lower resolutions. If you have a high resolution, or just want the most eye candy, get one of the big boys like the 5800 series, GTX 295, 4870 X2, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom