Thinking about building a pc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackedude

Solid State Member
One way, is you can use a cheaper PSU, as the 4870 - i5 750 combination would surely never need 700w.
I think a good brand's 500w PSU would tie you over.

You could get a smaller hard drive to reduce costs?
Unless you really do need 1.5Tb though.

You could get a cheaper case.
I would never spend $100 on a mid tower, personally.

orihs, you do realize those are Canadian prices eh... And they don't just convert US -> Cdn and sell. Our prices are higher here than yours.

That 1000cdn is about 750-800US, so its a pretty good build price. Besides, he never said he wanted a cheaper build... did he?

get this cpu/gfx card combo instead.
Newegg.ca - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

cpu is the same i5 750, but the gfx card is the newer gen 5770 which offers very similar performance to a 4870, but it will run cooler, consume less power and it supports dx11.

this psu.
Newegg.ca - Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
if you do get this one, you'll need a separate power cord since this particular one doesn't come with one.
Newegg.ca - CABLES UNLIMITED 6 ft. Shielded AC UL Power Cord Model PWR-1000-06 - Cables

also @ Slay, i don't think the 1366 bracket will give the core contact support for the 1156 skt.

orihs, you do realize those are Canadian prices eh... And they don't just convert US -> Cdn and sell. Our prices are higher here than yours.

That 1000cdn is about 750-800US, so its a pretty good build price. Besides, he never said he wanted a cheaper build... did he?

No, but he did ask me "how?"
So I explained.

Also, you're right, I'm bad with conversions. ;]

^Hmm, I just checked the .com and .ca prices and they're not that bad off each other.... I expected it to be worse than it is. They still add 15bucks above basic conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom