Need Major Pc Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey guys
this help i need is for my gf's pc
She has some amazing specs although someone didn't install some stuff right and I've been out of it for a while so i'm not sure if the temps are normal
I'll list the specs

CPU- Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz
Mobo- Intel X58 Model Dx58SO
Ram- Kingmax 2X2Gb DDR3 10700H(667mhz)
Gpu- XGX GTX295
PSU- Epsilon 800 (which i'm not sure is good enough for this pc so pls confirm)
1TB Seagate

Temps as follows
Cpu 44 46 47 44
Gpu 57 55 fan at 70%

let me know if everything looks good

Thanks

The i7 920 is a triple channel (memory controller) cpu, the Intel X58 Model Dx58SO is a triple channel ready mobo (6 memory slots or 2 sets of 3 slots) but your only using a set of dual channel memory modules (2x2GB) instead of a triple channel configuration with 3 modules (3x2GB).

Your temps are all a little high for stock speeds with no overclocking. I would start by adding a few 120mm fans to the case ( 1 intake fan on the side panel pointing at the video card and 1 exhaust fan on the top of the case). If that doesn't lower your temps by at least 5C then you should consider an aftermarket heatsink for the cpu and vid card.

And get a Good Power Supply :D

Alright, well here's the situation
She lives in dubai so getting all the parts i would suggest from the states is kinda tough
Her case has 2X80MM slots in the back and front and one on the side. So far only one is installed in the back so im guessing adding a few more will help plus the wire management is terrible on it so i'm guessing thats messing the airflow up as well
And i ran a 3dmark vantage test and i got P20324...is taht good or bad for her specs?

And about the psu, what would you suggest and what min requirements for the specs of her rig?
thanks

Okay, Dubai changes alot... Ambient is alot higher than say in MN....

I'd deffinately think about case change to something with bigger fans... Though it'll be a chore to do.

a quality 800-850 is fine, the 295 is hungery, but less or closely equal to a SLI system.

I think the score is fine. The 70% is the unfortunate part, but temps look fine.

well changing case is out of the quesion so i bought 4 antec tri bool 80mm fans from frys, there as a sale and i got them for 15 bucks total and i'll be shipping it to her so hopefully that helps.
plus i ran a 3dmark06 test and she only got around 18k, isnt taht bad? for her specs

That ram not running in triple channel looks to be holding you back some too. On my sig rig I can pull about 18K on a good overclock in 3DM06. In vantage i get around P12K

Get a good set of 3x2gb 1600MHZ ram and watch that thing fly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom