Computer crashing problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
I know I am a pai, but since I have installed my new RAM I have had a problem with my PC crashing. What happens is when I power up my PC it loads fine and then when I get to my desktop the screen turns black and then I get a blue screen. I can't catch everything it says on the blues screen because it's so quick but it says something about new hardware. Since the RAM is the only thing thats new on my PC is there anyway of testing my RAM to see if it's that which is the problem, and if thats not the problem what else could it be?

Once again sorry for being a pain, but many thanks in advance.

Tested the RAM and that is alright.

From time to time when I power on my PC I get a load of beeps, they are straight after one another and are so quick you cannot count them. They aren't there every time I power on so I think this may have something to do with it. Does anyone know what these beeps mean?

There was nothing wrong with my RAM, the beeping problem was an alarm that I had altered in the set up, and the pc crashing I think was caused by my keyboard. For some reason when my keyboard is installed the pc needs to be re-booted but it doesn't tell you that it normally just wont work, but if you don't re-boot the pc then it will cause the pc to crash. I think and hope I have now sorted the problem out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom