ATI Eyefinity Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFeetZ

Baseband Member
Hey all, looking for some input.
Im considering going to 3 monitors to use with ATI 5870.

Option 1 is to get 3 new Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA. 22" monitors with resolution of 1680x1050 (combined = 5040x1050). if going this option I would need to also get an active Displayport to DVI adaptor

Option 2 get 2 new Dell Ultrashap U2410 to go with my existing Dell E248WFP. All three are 1920x1200, (combined 5760x1200)

All said, the two options are priced about the same. However, going with Option 2 causes me my biggest concern. That would provide me two monitors with IPS screens (the new Ultrasharps) and 1 with a TN screen, (my existing 248WFP). Anyone know how a system would perform with 2 IPS screens and 1 TN screen?

thanks all!

Other then the slight colour difference it shouldn't matter. IPS or TN or whatever panel type don't have an effect on performance, they just reproduce colours better or worse. I'd go and get two more of the monitors you already have, or the IPS version. Either way, seems like a better idea then getting 3 new ones with lesser a resolution.

you could always go with 22" non-ultra sharps, sure they may not look the same in terms of bezel but the dells are usually higher priced, well at least they are here in Australia anyway.

truth be told I was seriously eyeing the dell outlet monitors. 22" Professional 1680x1050, TN Panel, Displayport(needed for eyefinity) and can rotate to portrait for $169ea (USD)

The outlet also has the 22" ultrasharp,1680x1050, IPS Panel, No Displayport(will need to get $100 adapter) and can rotate to portrait for $199ea (USD)

My wife is able to get a small discount that brings the 24" ultrahsharp to $500ea.

Unfortunatley, Dell no longer makes the 24" model I have - E248WFP. If they did, I'd be all over it as this montior has been really good. Ive seen some on ebay but Im a little worried going that route.

The difference on the bezel's is almost nothing between the 22" Professional and 22" Ultrasharp. i think comparatively speaking, Dells are priced about average here in the US.

Dells are comparatively expensive everywhere. Samsung, asus, hanns-G; lots of brands are good and cheaper. Unless you're doing lots of graphics or stuff where colours are very important I'd just look for a TN panel.

I also wouldn't get 1680x1050, go with at least 1900x1080, more pixels means it'll look much better.

I vote Option 2, the color differences would be next to negligible and at worst you can tweak any eye sore you may notice ( although any noticeable differences are unlikely).

Dell is expensive, worth it? I couldn't say but I'll stick with my Hanns-G plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom